ESP is looking for a qualified full time (A LEVEL) mechanic/technician.
Daily activities include general automotive repair including brakes, suspension work, drive-train, and electrical diagnostic and repair.
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE PART INSTALLS IN BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC AUTOMOBILES! Applicant must have a general knowledge of high performance upgrades including engine transplants, turbo chargers, super chargers, suspension, etc. and a general interest therein.
Duties include clutch installs, cam swaps, gauges and methanol injection, and other electronics installs. Must have excellent diagnostic skills. Exhaust fabrication MIG and TIG welding experience a plus. Knowledge of engine tuning and chassis dynos a plus.
This person MUST have their own tools!
Applicant should be familiar with GM vehicles (Corvette, Camaro, etc. old to new), Late model Dodge vehicles, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and more.
Candidate would work very closely with our head mechanic and should be able to work in a team environment. ESP maintains an excellent reputation for quality work and customer satisfaction that is directly related to the work ethics and dedication of its employees.
General Repair and modifying of both standard and high performance automobiles.
* Inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, factory scheduled maintenance (including timing belts), oil changes, tire rotation and changes.
* Replacing worn/damaged parts such as clutches, wheel bearings, shocks/struts, charging system elements, starting system elements, etc.
* Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections, and diagnosing and repairing areas of malfunction (both mechanical and electrical systems). MUST have excellent diagnostic skills.
* Performs work that is not necessarily illustrated in repair manuals including engine transplants, aftermarket part installations, exhaust system installations, transmission swaps/conversion, and more. Most installs have general instructions available.
* Install aftermarket electronics including engine computers, fuel controllers, boost controllers, gauges, meth controllers, etc. Ability to read electrical diagrams and proficient wiring is a MUST!
* Offer assistance in operating the chassis dyno including operating equipment (ESP will provide training), strapping down vehicles, and operating computer/data logging equipment and software.
* MUST have general background in automotive repair. 5 years minimum work experience. Should have general knowledge of repair procedures for a wide variety of automobiles. MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS. Should be independent and perform quality inspections of one's work. Should have a general knowledge of PC based computers and programs. Ability to perform general custom fabrication of brackets, exhaust. Dependability is a MUST.